|Can Someone please tell Mother Nature that we want to start racing.|
This coming Sunday is supposed to be the start of the 2015 Barrington Spring Frostbite Season. Nobody told the weather. The temperatures around Barrington have hovered in the teens or below for almost a month, and Mother Nature has seen fit to try to move all of the snow and cold weather from Alaska to new quarters in New England. Right now there are large ice flows in the river all the way down to the race course, the launching area is covered in two feet of snow, and any boats stored over the winter are just lumps in the snow pack.
To complicate matters further, the club has attempted to install new docks over the winter. That project has been stalled by the weather, and as a result, the boat storage area is completely unreachable, blocked not only by snow, but by the construction activities.
We received an email from the club advising that the spring frostbiting season may have to be postponed until they can figure out a safe way for the fleet to get in and out of the water. Right now, the March 1'st racing is in jeopardy. There is no word on March 8th.
Here is the letter from the club:
Due to SNOW, Ice and construction the area where the boats were stored last fall is closed to all. DO NOT come down to the club and go into the construction area. The project team is working on a plan to resolve this ASAP and will be meeting this week. In addition, there is another delivery of docks and pilings scheduled early this week.
The current status is a combination of the weather and the construction project being ahead of schedule and then running into a full stop on site due to conditions.
Please take this as advanced notice that the March 1 Frostbiting may be cancelled.
I will keep you all informed as to status and plans as things occur or change.
Any questions email or call me.